Friday, July 25, 2008

A few of my latest favorite things................

So, there are a few things that I have been really excited about over the last month or so.....when I have had spare time, I have discovered some new indulgences.
First of all, "The Dark Knight". Tonight I will be going to see the second Batman movie for the THIRD time.
Obsessed? Maybe. Rightly so? I think so.
As a huge fan of Christian Bale (in my dreams, I am Mrs. Bale sometimes), I was excited to see this new flick. Not to mention Batman is the best super hero ever created, and I grew up on the old Adam West series as well as the award winning cartoon on Saturday mornings.
BUT, to my surprise, as I watched this film, anytime that Heath Ledger's Joker was NOT on screen, I found myself wishing he was. I didn't even care much for Batman.....he bored me in this movie. It was all about the Joker. He was funny, he was insane, he was perfection. Everything that the Joker was originally intended to be, Heath Ledger was. The movie by itself was still fantastic, but after I while, I felt like offering Batman a throat losenge since everytime he spoke, it sounded like he had a frog stuck in there someplace. It was at times even difficult to make out what the heck he was saying. All this to say.....best movie I have seen in a very very long while. Go see it on the big screen. Please, for me.
Moving on. Rafael Nadal (my favorite tennis player ever to play the game) won Wimbledon a few weeks ago and beat the crap out of Federer who has won the last 5. It was about time for this young Spaniard (a.k.a. "the bull" and rightly so) to kick some old Swedish a**. And nobody thought he could win on grass. Well, I always knew Rafa could do it.....so HA to all you of little faith. Go Spain.
Thirdly, I have discovered this show that is our generation's Monthy Python. It's called "Little Britain" and it is quite truthfully the funniest thing I've seen on tele in probably 10 years. It's a British show written by the two actors that are in all of the skits. It's a social commentary on Britain's inhabitants, politics, pros and cons etc. It's lude, totally un-p.c. and incredibly hilarious. If you haven't seen this show yet, you need to visit Youtube and search for "Little Britain" skits.
I PROMISE you that you will not be dissapointed. Maybe offended. Maybe shocked. But entertained wholly. And afterwards, you will be saying "Yer but no, but yer, but no", "I am the only gay in the village", "Computah says no", and "Yah I know."
Oh you just wait and see my friend......
the-dark-knight-characters_472x312
JOKER
rafa
Little-Britain-little-britain-373595_1024_768
Little-Britain-little-britain-373593_1024_768

No comments: