Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What started off as an ordinary annual trip to Disneyland........

.......ended up being a day where my little bro proposed to his girlfriend Alex at Club 33 (a totally exclusive restaurant in Disneyland just overlooking New Orleans square).

It was a really fun day.....the whole Batty Family (with some Tuckers, Charests, McEntees, a Poplin, a Neels and a Luna there) was hitting every ride possible and doing anything to get our money's worth of our hopper passes.

Tyler met Adam Sandler in the bathroom, my Dad rode California Screaming for the first time (and was SCREAMING), and Aunt Leslie's friend Paul experienced Disneyland for the FIRST TIME EVER!

Around 5 o'clock, we all herded over to Club 33 for a once in a lifetime dinner experience.

A few of us knew Rene Roy's plan to propose (including me, since I needed to capture the moment on film), but mostly everyone else was surprised when he prayed for our meal and quickly snuck in : "and thank you God for my fiancee, Alex" to which she looked up abrubtly (as did everyone else at our table) and was greeted with open eyes to my brother holding out her BLING BLING ring.

I apologize for the blur and grainy-ness of some of the Club 33 images, but I wasn't sure what the lighting was going to be like and was not about to lug my huge flash in there (thus failing to be conspicuous).
So, I hope they still are okay.....it's the thought and the emotion captured that counts, I always say!

Congrats you guys!
And everyone else (especially Nami, who got us into Club 33), it was a wonderful day and I love you all!
and for all those who didn't make it....Uncle Damon, Seth, Uncle Devin, Aunt Cheryl, Peyton, Riley, Jaad and Matt......we missed you all!

Enjoy the slideshow! Just press play and allow it to buffer completely.

No comments: